Hope for the Warriors Voter Voice Business Expo

  Mileage Corrections  

  • Mileage corrections may only be processed by NJ MVC if there is an existing NJ title. Titles from other states must be returned to their state of origin for correction.

  • Mileage corrections requiring an increase to the existing record may be done by a regular NJ Motor Vehicle Agency.

  • Mileage corrections requiring the existing record to be decreased must be done by the Database Correction Unit at Central MVC.
Required Paperwork for Mileage Error Due to MVC Processing:
  1. The original New Jersey title.
  2. Correction Application
Required Paperwork when Mileage Error is due to Prior Incorrect Odometer Statement:
  1. The original New Jersey title.
  2. Correction Application
  3. Notarized Odometer Statement(s) from the dealership.
  4. Notarized letter on dealership letterhead stating the nature of the error, the vehicle year, make, model, full VIN, correct mileage, and the chain of vehicle ownership beginning with the origin of the mileage error and ending with the current owner.
  5. Notarized Odometer Statement from previous owner(s). Starting at the origin of the mileage error each previous owner must sign a notarized odometer statement attesting to the actual mileage of the vehicle when they owned it.
  6. Notarized Odometer Statement from the new owner attesting to the current mileage.
Attached below is a checklist related to mileage correction transactions.

If you have any questions, please contact Title Services at (609) 883.6330, ext. 4 or via email at titles@njcar.org.

Checklist for Mileage Corrections

Site Map | Terms of Use | Copyright © 2019 New Jersey Coalition Of Automotive Retailers.
Headquarters:  856 River Road, Trenton, NJ. 08628 | Phone 609.883.5056