May 9, 2017
Navigating The Regulatory Maze Compliance Workshop
Presented by NJ CAR Services
For GMs. GSMs, Controllers, Office Managers and F&I Personnel
NJ CAR has partnered with the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) to present a full-day workshop entitled, “Navigating The Regulatory Maze.” The Workshop will be held on Tuesday, May 9, 2017, at the Holiday Inn Clark (36 Valley Road, Clark, NJ 07066) from 9:30 AM until 3:30 PM and costs only $229 per person for Dealer Members. The Workshop features three incredible presenters that will touch on the following topics:
Cyber Hacking – Randy Hendrick, of Randy Hendrick & Associates, LLC, will discuss why dealership websites are prime targets for cyber hackers and how dealers can defend their websites. He will also cover:
• How hackers break in and what dealers can do to reduce their chances of being a victim.
• How to mitigate risks of employees using their personal devices for business purposes and steps dealers need to implement to make it harder for a thief to break in.
• How to contain any intrusion, as soon as possible, if they succeed.
Compliance Changes – Paul Metrey, NADA's Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, will speak about compliance challenges that impact dealership Sales and Finance Departments. If you missed Paul's presentation at NADA, you will want to come and see the updates that have occurred on the Hill including:
• How compliance issues arising under the Truth-In-Lending Act and Military Lending Act affect the delivery process.
• The requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and what liabilities lay ahead for the dealership.
• How the Department of Justice interpreted recent developments involving Ancillary Products, Advertising, and the FTC Used Car Rule.
Trump Administration Deregulation– Patty Covington, Partner at Hudson Cook LLP, will comment on how deregulation under the Trump Administration will affect your Finance Department. She will cover real legal issues that impact dealerships and how you can protect your business in 2017 including:
• What his stated intentions mean for compliance throughout the dealership, particularly in the F&I office.
• Whether or not dealers can reallocate those resources to other areas of the dealership.
• The current regulatory environment and what dealers should expect, with a focus on the FTC and CFPB (and their current priorities).
• Specific practices in the dealership, as well as strategies to stay out of trouble.
Space is limited, so please complete the Registration Form attached to this NewsLetter, and return it to NJ CAR as soon as possible.
May 10, 2017
Service Advisor Workshop With Ken Carlson
NJ CAR will be hosting a Service Advisor Workshop on Wednesday, May 10, 2017, at the Holiday Inn Clark (36 Valley Road, Clark, NJ 07066- Exit 135 off the Garden State Parkway). The Workshop will run from 9:30 AM until 3:30 PM and costs only $229 per person for Dealer Members.
Learn to achieve peak performance, increase sales and maximize customer satisfaction. Service advisors will learn how to communicate the importance of vehicle maintenance to customers while increasing service-driven profits. They’ll also learn how to overcome common objections, telephone closing techniques, building CSI, handling difficult customers and much more.
Topics Covered Include:
• Effective selling techniques to get customers to agree on needed service(s);
• Methods to build rapport and learn about customers;
• How to position service needs based on customer benefit;
• Techniques for handling objections; and
• How to ensure trust in customer relationships.
May 11 & 12, 2017
Sales Boot Camp 101 With Ken Carlson
NJ CAR will be hosting a two-day Sales Boot Camp Thursday, May 11 and Friday, May 12, 2017, at NJ CAR Headquarters (856 River Road, West Trenton, NJ 08628). The Workshop will run from 9:30 AM until 3:30 PM both days and costs only $399 per person for Dealer Members.
This intensive introduction to automotive retailing is the starting point for any dealership sales force. The highly interactive two-day Sales Boot Camp will equip participants with the tools and techniques necessary to improve sales performance and achieve success.
Topics Covered Include:
• Skills in appointment setting and prospecting;
• How to engage customers and qualify their needs;
• What to do during walk-arounds and test rides;
• Techniques for handling negative feedback; and
• How to negotiate agreements and close deals.
May 19, 2017
BDC Sales Workshop With Mark Rodriguez
NJ CAR will be hosting a BDC Sales Workshop on Friday, May 19, 2017, at the Holiday Inn Clark (36 Valley Road, Clark, NJ 07066- Exit 135 off the Garden State Parkway). The Workshop will run from 9:30 AM until 3:30 PM and costs only $229 per person for Dealer Members.
This seminar explains the phone strategies that will get better results from your BDC. This Workshop will turn your BDC around, invigorating your people, engaging your teams, and doubling their production. Learn what to say, how to say it, why to say it that way, and most importantly, what the client hears. This technique training is also coupled with LIVE phone calls.
Topics Covered Include:
• Handling inbound calls for both new and preowned cars;
• Navigating around sales call rebuttals and objections;
• Converting Internet leads into appointments that show;
• Controlling the direction of a call;
• Leaving effective voicemail messages that get responses;
• Connecting with millennial shoppers; and
• Dealing with customer’s intent on over-the-phone pricing.
May 22 & 23, 2017
Don’t Miss NJ CAR’s Two-Day F&I Manager Boot Camp
NJ CAR will be hosting a two-day F&I Manager Boot Camp with Ken Carlson of Manage Rite, Inc. and Judy Vann Karstadt of JV Solutions, on May 22 and 23, 2017 at NJ CAR Headquarters (856 River Road, West Trenton, NJ 08628). The Boot Camp will run from 9:30 AM until 3:30 PM each day and costs only $399 per person for Dealer Members.
This energetic two-day Boot Camp will bring back the basics of F&I selling. Learn how federal and State laws can help you build a relationship with your customer. This is not just a menu presentation or product up-selling seminar. You will be challenged to engage your customers with 100% disclosure and compliance sales techniques.
Topics Covered Include:
• Using the interview process to increase product sales and justify rates;
• Building value versus needs selling;
• Understanding the menu-compliant selling system and why it works; and
• Overcoming objections to close the sale.
REGISTERING FOR NJ CAR ACADEMY CLASSES IS EASY
To register for any NJ CAR ACADEMY training, please visit the NJ CAR ACADEMY page under the Education drop-down menu on the NJ CAR Website (http://www.njcar.org). For your convenience, Registration Forms for all advertised classes have also been attached to this NewsLetter. If you have any questions, please contact NJ CAR Director of Communications, Brian Hughes, (609.883.5056, Ext. 315; firstname.lastname@example.org).