April 3-5 In Ewing
NJ CAR Motor Vehicle Title Clerk Training
Individuals who successfully complete the NJ CAR Motor Vehicle Title Clerk Certification Program will have a full, working knowledge of New Jersey Motor Vehicle documents and procedures. Although the Program has been designed for New Jersey title clerks, it is extremely valuable to office managers, controllers, and anyone else who provides support to the title clerk position in your dealership.
Topics covered include: New Jersey Identification Information; General Title Procedures; Lien Information and Select Title Transactions; Corrections and Centrally-Processed Transactions; Power of Attorney Forms; Odometer Disclosure; Registrations; Special Plates; Dealer Temporary Tags; Preparation of Documents; New Jersey Sales & Use Tax; Business License Services and New Jersey Motor Vehicle Fees.
The Motor Vehicle Title Clerk Certification Program will be held each day from 8:30 AM until 4 PM (breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be provided). The course will be held April 3-5 at NJ CAR Headquarters (856 River Road, Ewing, NJ 08638). The three-day Program costs only $449 per person and includes all required materials (including a copy of the most recent NJ CAR Motor Vehicle Training & Reference Manual).
April 11th In Mount Laurel; April 13th In Clark
NJ CAR Offers FREE Health Benefits Seminars
NJ CAR will be hosting two FREE Health Benefits Seminars, Tuesday, April 11, 2017, at the office of Corporate Synergies in Mount Laurel (5000 Dearborn Circle, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054) and Thursday, April 13, 2017 at the Holiday Inn Clark (36 Valley Road, Clark, NJ 07066). Both Seminars are scheduled for two-hours (9:30 AM until 11:30 AM), including time for questions and answers.
Each Seminar will discuss the results of the NJ CAR Health Benefits Survey conducted at the end of 2016, and how they might impact dealership decisions regarding the health benefit plans offered. With more than 100 dealerships participating in the Survey, representing a wide variety of dealership demographics (large and small; domestic and foreign; northern, central and southern New Jersey locations), the results provide a greater baseline for future comparisons.
Topics discussed will include: Carrier Choice, Plan Types, Premiums, Employer and Employee Contributions, Co-Pays, Out-of-Pocket Expenses, Health Reimbursement Arrangements, High Deductible Health Plans. The Seminar will also take a closer look at Self Insurance (including Level Funded plans for smaller groups), as well as the latest potential changes to the Affordable Care Act under the Trump Administration.
These informative Seminars will feature Bruce Mazzarelli of Fotek Insurance Solutions (a division of HUB International Northeast), Ward Bauman of Corporate Synergies Group, LLC, and Lou Young of WithumSmith+Brown (formerly The Mironov Group).
April 12, 2017
Fixed Operations Workshop With Michael Roppo
NJ CAR will be hosting a Fixed Operations Workshop on Wednesday, April 12, 2017, at the Holiday Inn in Clark, NJ (36 Valley Road, Clark, NJ 07066- Exit 135 off the Garden State Parkway). The Workshop will run from 9:30 AM until 3:30 PM and costs only $229 per person for Dealer Members.
This session promises to be time well spent focusing on Next Practices Management and Customer Centric Business Processes to build value based on customer expectations.
Topics Covered Include:
• Management Alignment 101.
• Why Service and Parts Managers need to work better together and WIN!
• Understand how Next Practices, Business Strategies, Business Policies and Operational Procedures, and urgency need to be connected within a Business Process Architecture to generate results.
• Learn how to create and make Business Practice Management a culture and the center of excellence in your dealership and organization.
• Know the basic building blocks of any business process: Inputs, Outputs, Guides and Enablers and Disablers.
• Customer Centric Business: It’s not an option. It’s the new normal! What is it? How does it work?
April 13, 2017
BDC Managers Workshop With Mark Rodriguez
NJ CAR will be hosting a BDC Managers Workshop on Thursday, April 13, 2017, at the Holiday Inn in Clark, NJ (36 Valley Road, Clark, NJ 07066- Exit 135 off the Garden State Parkway). The Workshop will run from 9:30 AM until 3:30 PM and costs only $229 per person for Dealer Members.
Learn to motivate BDC reps to increase appointments and raise customer satisfaction. Learn the strategies and methods that will optimize the effectiveness of your BDC Department. Go back to your dealership with confidence, skills and an action plan for success.
BDC Managers Will Learn How To:
• Establish practical strategies to get outstanding results;
• Set goals, reward good work and address poor performers;
• Motivate, delegate and deal with difficult employees;
• Train new employees to be ready for live calls; and
• Best ways to measure employee effectiveness.
April 18, 2017
Sales Manager Workshop With Ken Carlson
NJ CAR will be hosting a Sales Manager Workshop on Tuesday, April 18, 2017, at the Holiday Inn in Clark, NJ (36 Valley Road, Clark, NJ 07066- Exit 135 off the Garden State Parkway). The Workshop will run from 9:30 AM until 3:30 PM and costs only $229 per person for Dealer Members.
LEARN TECHNIQUES ON HOW TO EFFECTIVELY WORK WITH YOUR SALES TEAM.
Topics Covered Include:
• Gaining a firm commitment and maximizing gross profit;
• Proven strategies for serving up the 1st pencil;
• ECOA–NADA Finance Policy & Sales Compliance;
• Setting the stage for an effective negotiation process that results in overall higher Total Customer Yield; and
• Train the Trainer–effective Sales Meetings.
May 10, 2017
Service Advisor Workshop With Ken Carlson
NJ CAR will be hosting a Service Advisor Workshop on Wednesday, May 10, 2017, at the Holiday Inn in Clark, NJ (36 Valley Road, Clark, NJ 07066- Exit 135 off the Garden State Parkway). The Workshop will run from 9:30 AM until 3:30 PM and costs only $229 per person for Dealer Members.
Learn to achieve peak performance, increase sales and maximize customer satisfaction. Service advisors will learn how to communicate the importance of vehicle maintenance to customers while increasing service-driven profits. They’ll also learn how to overcome common objections, telephone closing techniques, building CSI, handling difficult customers and much more.
• Effective selling techniques to get customers to agree on needed service(s);
• Methods to build rapport and learn about customers;
• How to position service needs based on customer benefit;
• Techniques for handling objections; and
• How to ensure trust in customer relationships.
May 11 & 12, 2017
Sales Boot Camp 101 With Ken Carlson
NJ CAR will be hosting a two-day Sales Boot Camp Thursday, May 11 and Friday, May 12, 2017, at NJ CAR Headquarters in West Trenton (856 River Road, West Trenton, NJ 08628). The Workshop will run from 9:30 AM until 3:30 PM both days and costs only $399 per person for Dealer Members.
This intensive introduction to automotive retailing is the starting point for any dealership sales force. The highly interactive two-day Sales Boot Camp will equip participants with the tools and techniques necessary to improve sales performance and achieve success.
• Skills in appointment setting and prospecting;
• How to engage customers and qualify their needs;
• What to do during walk-arounds and test rides;
• Techniques for handling negative feedback; and
• How to negotiate agreements and close deals.
May 19, 2017
BDC Sales Workshop With Mark Rodriguez
NJ CAR will be hosting a BDC Sales Workshop on Friday, May 19, 2017, at the Holiday Inn in Clark, NJ (36 Valley Road, Clark, NJ 07066- Exit 135 off the Garden State Parkway). The Workshop will run from 9:30 AM until 3:30 PM and costs only $229 per person for Dealer Members.
This seminar explains the phone strategies that will get better results from your BDC. This Workshop will turn your BDC around, invigorating your people, engaging your teams, and doubling their production. Learn what to say, how to say it, why to say it that way, and most importantly, what the client hears. This technique training is also coupled with LIVE phone calls.
• Handle inbound calls for both new and preowned cars;
• Navigate around sales call rebuttals and objections;
• Convert Internet leads into appointments that show;
• Control the direction of a call;
• Leave effective voicemail messages that get responses;
• Connect with millennial shoppers; and
• Deal with customer’s intent on over-the-phone pricing.
May 22 & 23, 2017
Don’t Miss NJ CAR’s Two-Day F&I Manager Boot Camp
NJ CAR will be hosting a two-day F&I Manager Boot Camp with Ken Carlson of Manage Rite, Inc. and Judy Vann Karstadt of JV Solutions, on May 22 and 23, 2017 at NJ CAR Headquarters (856 River Road, West Trenton, NJ 08628). The Boot Camp will run from 9:30 AM until 3:30 PM each day and costs only $399 per person for Dealer Members.
This energetic two-day Boot Camp will bring back the basics of F&I selling. Learn how federal and State laws can help you build a relationship with your customer. This is not just a menu presentation or product up-selling seminar. You will be challenged to engage your customers with 100% disclosure and compliance sales techniques.
Topics Covered During The Course Include:
• Using the interview process to increase product sales and justify rates;
• Building value versus needs selling;
• Understanding the menu-compliant selling system and why it works; and
• Overcoming objections to close the sale.
REGISTERING FOR NJ CAR ACADEMY CLASSES IS EASY
To register for any NJ CAR ACADEMY training, please visit the NJ CAR ACADEMY page under the Education drop-down menu on the NJ CAR Website (http://www.njcar.org). For your convenience, Registration Forms for all advertised classes have also been attached to this NewsLetter. If you have any questions, please contact NJ CAR Director of Communications, Brian Hughes, (609.883.5056, Ext. 315; firstname.lastname@example.org).